History of Town Center Plaza
Posted on 27 January 2017
We have elected to keep our holiday pop-up shop in Town Center open through July! The people and city have been amazing to us and so we’ve decided to stay put!
With all of the excitement of staying in Town Center we decided to look into the history of this amazing outdoor shopping center.
Check out these fun facts we learned while researching our new home:
- Town Center Plaza and Crossing were formerly owned by DDR Corp but now belong to WP Glimcher after it was purchased for $139 million dollars
- The shopping center was opened in 1996
- The anchor store that started it all was Jacobson's but they closed in 2002
- In 2003 the Jacobson space was converted and opened as The Jones Store in 2003
- In 2006 the space was once again converted and opened as Macy’s
- Dicks Sporting Goods took over for another anchor store called Galyan’s in 2004
- There are currently over 90 stores and multiple dining options
- There is an AMC movie theatre on site
- Events are held every week, check some of them out here: http://towncenterplaza.com/events-news
- Kansas City native Caitlin Fore resides as the in-house stylist and blogger
With so many great things always going on over here at Town Center it should be no surprise to you that we wanted to stay.
Make sure that you stop by and experience the magic for yourself. We’ll see you soon!